Grand Knight’s Report
Dear Brother Knights,
May 2023 report: Wow does time fly! We are already nominating officers for 23-24 (see nominations below)! Reminder, this weekend is Mothers Day! Encourage you all to remember your mothers, your wives, the mother of your children, your daughters, …. Like Mary they care for, nurture us to become the people we are today. Happy Mothers Day to all!
- Blood Drive 5/13 (8-noon)
- Bottle Drive 5/14 (after all Masses)
- June Council Meeting 6/14 (7-8pm)
- Installation of Officers / Banquet June/July tbd (7/12?)
Other council news:
- Bingo, last response was 3/22, have 45-days to respond from there. 5/10, NO response.
- Membership - If you know someone that should be a Knight, get their names into me, Dave Olson, or Bob Heims. How do we draw in younger families? Fun family events, offering child care during events, …..
- Breakfast - can Faith Formation Breakfast happen while Faith Formation is still occurring (<May)?. Suspect that would improve volunteers and attendance, Breakfast Cmt to eval.
- Field Agent / Insurance - need to get at least seven members to participate in one of the two remaining events (5/23 or 6/27). Plan to reserve Thaddeus Hall, for 6/27 event, watch your emails for announcements.
- Kitchen Cleanup - need to complete deep clean of kitchen, watch your emails for announcements.
- Flight for Polio - voted to donate $100 to cause and to support our fellow KC-5544 member, Peter Teahan
- Taxes - need to file for extension, Dennis to complete paperwork and forward to Accountant
- Dues - 13 have not responded, if you are one, please complete asap. If you know someone who has not paid, please reach out to them and encourage them to complete asap.
- 23-24 Office Nominations; formal approval (vote) will take place at 6/14 meeting
- Grand Knight - Dave Olson
- Deputy Grand Knight - Chris Ludwig
- Chancellor - Sean McVeigh
- Warden - Mauri Kouri
- Inside Guard - Dick Panosh
- Outside Guard - Chris Hennessy
- Advocate - Mark Seber
- Treasurer - Dennis Dye
- Financial Secretary - Steve Oldridge
- Recorder - Jeff Robinson
- Trustee Yr-1 - Jeff Robinson
- Trustee Yr-2 - Dale Felton
- Trustee Yr-3 - Chris Feit
- Knight of the month: Steve Oldridge - working Fish Fries, Breakfasts, council bills, being a great representative of the KCs in all you do!. Thank you so much!
- Family of the month: Mauri & Gloria Kouri - hardly a KC event you are not a part of!, Sr Christmas party, Fish Fries, Breakfasts, any parish event. You both do us so proud. Thank you for all you do!